Wednesday, December 03, 2008

All Guilded Up

I've just submitted my application to the Writers' Guild of Great Britain, along with proof that I've sold something to BBC Radio 7.

What I didn't realise until today was that to qualify for full membership, I could enclose details of one sale at guild rates (e.g. to BBC Radio 7), or two sales on other terms. Does that mean my NewsRevue and Treason Show credits would've also got me in? If so, this rule must be new. I'm sure theatre stuff without a formal contract, e.g. NewsRevue and The Treason Show, wouldn't get you in a couple of years ago. Does anyone know for sure?

2 Comments:

Blogger Piers said...

IIRC that was passed at the last AGM.

I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact details were - and I think there's some you-have-to-be-a-candidate-member-for-x-years-too thing.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Yes, if you've been a candidate member for eight years you get full membership by virtue of sheer tenacity. Or you can be a candidate member for four years and make one sale on non-guild-minimum terms.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home