Saturday, September 06, 2008

Could do Better, See Me

Between wedding planning and the new job I've done absolutely bugger-all writing in the past two months. Hell, it's been weeks since I've even managed to blog about my bugger-all writing.

Who knew that wedding planning, even for a small ceremony, could suck so much of my time, energy and money? Anyone who's married, I suppose. I fantasise on a daily basis about just saying screw it all and eloping.

Oh, and I've also taken up BMX. I haven't done any races yet, but I've bought all the equipment and been to the local track several times. I even had my first kiss with the pavement today, trying to ride down a flight of stairs on my way home from training. You may point and laugh; it's no more than I deserve.

Anyway, getting back on topic, there are two scripts I want to kick into shape: my steampunk feature, which is still languishing at draft 1.25, and the spec Radio 4 Afternoon Play I wrote in June, which based on feedback is going to become a sitcom pilot.

Right, I've got an idea. I'll force myself to write by making a public pledge and inviting mockery and ridicule if I fail. Hear ye! I swear before the blogosphere, I will write this weekend, and if I do not, may all my fellow bloggers jeer me until I cry like a little girl.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben W. Brumfield said...

Subvert the bridal-industrial complex!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Piers said...

Well? Have the bonds loosened yet?

Or are you still tied to the railroad of taunt, with the steam engine of mockery tooting its horn in the distance and getting ever closer?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I will have you know, sir, that I unfastened myself from the railway of taunt within a few minutes of finishing the blog post. So put that pointy waxed moustache away, you are foiled again.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Piers said...

Bah!

I'll get you next time!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home