Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Wrap-Up

Blah blah blah end of year blah blah blah retrospective blah blah blah.

On the personal front, 2008 has been -- momentous isn't quite the right word. Whirlwind isn't it either. Let's just say it's not been boring.

In the spring, I got engaged.

In the summer, I got unemployed from my day job. Two hours later my fiance also got unemployed, thus dropping our household income to nowt.

In the autumn, I got re-employed and wound up sitting one floor down from where I'd sat before I got unemployed.

As winter approached, I got married.

Just after Christmas I got a camper van. It's a 1980 VW called Barney.

Not a lot of time for writing in the midst of all that. But I did manage to get my first radio credit, be told by another radio producer that I don't suck, join the Writers' Guild of Great Britain, and dash out a first draft script or two. So while it's not been a good year in terms of volume of output, I'd class 2008 as perfectly respectable in the career progress department.

Next post, New Year's resolutions. Don't worry, I'm not going on a diet. But be warned, I am going to have a moan about the mess in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home