Saturday, February 17, 2007

Completed things are nice

This past week was very lazy and unproductive on the whole. I think Dead Mouse Day (see previous post) was in fact one of the better ones. But -- and this is a big but -- I did hit a milestone in that the radio sitcom I've written with Piers Beckley is finished. We did our final pass on Thursday and locked the script down. Hooray!

Next week we'll start approaching radio producers. This is, of course, likely to result in a lot of rejection and disappointment, but I think we've written a funny script and I'm proud of it. So for the moment, let's stick with the "Hooray!" sentiment.

Also on the subject of "Hooray!", the premiere party for my short film "No Circulars Please" kicks off in five minutes. I'm plying the guests with beer and champagne, so if they don't like the film they'll (cross fingers) be too drunk to complain about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phill Barron said...

Congratulations on the script. How did the premiere go?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

The premiere was a lot of fun. (The next morning, not so much.) General consensus is that the film turned out pretty well. Not brilliantly, but pretty well.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Piers said...

My head. Ow.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home