Monday, January 22, 2007

Coming along nicely

The monthly Mixt Nutz show was last night, and it went very well. The audience were a) nicely numerous, and b) nicely enthusiastic. The sketches got more laughs than I've seen Mixt Nutz sketches get, and in particular our new material went down swimmingly. This all bodes well for the planned Edinburgh show.

One thing that's remained constant, and which others have told me is perfectly usual, is that the sketches get fewer laughs than the improvisation games that open the show. I suppose the audience participation element, the heightened potential for surprise, and the general chaotic raucousness all help to boost the improv section's laugh count, but damn it, I want the audience to laugh hardest at my bits! MY BITS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home