Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Finished! But not.

Last week I finished my draft of the feature script I'm doctoring. Actually, my name is on the cover page now, so I should stop referring to this project as 'doctoring' and start calling it 'co-writing'.

Anyway, I finished the draft on Thursday or Friday, the script went out a day later, and by the end of the weekend we had notes from three different producers who were all interested and all wanted to see more or less the same changes. Definitely good news, but I'd been hoping to savour my warm fuzzy 'finished' feeling for a bit longer. Heigh ho.

6 Comments:

Blogger Phill Barron said...

Sounds great, Christine. A good start to the new year.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo, go you. I find myself in rewrite hell on my manuscript. It's been going on since %*&^ing July.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, that was me, ASG. Maybe I should make myself a Blogger account.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Piers said...

Top work, that woman.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Me, or ASG?

Anna, you should definitely get yourself a Blogger account. They're free for starters, and for finishers you could start your own blog about chemistry and shiznit, and I could swoop in from time to time and offer commiserations about your manuscript.

(If it's any consolation, I've been trying to do a new draft on my rom com script since about July as well.)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Piers said...

That'll be you then. ASG hasn't finished. :)

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home