Tuesday, November 21, 2006

CV building

I've just finished a second straight weekend of getting up at 6 AM and trudging off into the cold, dark morning. This time I was script supervising a short film. I've done bits and pieces of crewing over the past couple of years, and it's not my favourite thing in the world, particularly when the job is unpaid as this one was. But I didn't have a script supervisor credit on my CV, and now I do. If I can parlay that into a bit of paying work here and there, that'll be no bad thing.

Back in the world of writing (and thankfully not getting up at 6 AM), I've spent this afternoon trying to come up with some sketches for The Treason Show -- and failing rather miserably. I haven't had anything in The Treason Show for three months now, and I'd really like to end the drought, but I'll have to do better than I did today. Perhaps the muse will return tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have time for sketches this month; but I heard on the radio that Prince Charles has revamped his website. I think there's a ton of comedy in that.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Thanks for the idea. Sadly, I failed to make any hay out of it today -- just as I failed to make hay out of any current events. My total Treason Show output came to two sketches that are probably too weak to send in. But I got a lot of other stuff done, and I also got an offer of some paid work re-drafting a feature script, so I think the universe is telling me to forget The Treason Show for this month.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news, as long as you're not being paid to re-draft one of mine. I've no time for Treason this month either.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home