Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I blame the dead mouse

After getting a lot done last week (on projects other than the troubleseome feature script in my previous post), I've been having serious procrastination issues this week. I have no excuse for making sod-all progress yesterday, but this morning when I sat down to write I noticed a smell in the room. At first I thought the cat box was sending an ambient pong wafting through the flat, but a bit of investigation determined the smell was coming from behind my laundry hamper. A bit of moving stuff around, and two things happened. 1) The smell got about three times worse. 2) The culprit was revealed to be a mouse carcass. Several days dead from the look of it.

I got rid of the corpse and put a room deodoriser near the spot, but my work space still stinks to high heaven and I'm getting a headache. I'm debating whether to take my laptop to a coffee place, or just take myself to a coffee place. Either way, I'm vacating the flat for a few hours.

I suppose I should be grateful to my cats for apparently killing vermin, but I do wish they'd've done something more helpful with the body. Like eating it, or burying it outside, or really just anything not involving my bedroom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phill Barron said...

Nice.

I too have a cat related odour problem. Somebody else's fucking cat keeps breaking into our house through the supposedly secure cat flap and pissing on the hall carpet.

Right in the middle of the hall, right by the front door. I know cats like privacy, but this is ridiculous.

Our cat, who's normally fiercely protective of her house (apart from the three legged cat which used to live next door, he was always welcome. My wife thinks it's a sympathy fuck.), just stands by and idly watches him.

Attack! Kill!

Okay, just sit there and look stupid.

Good girl.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Well, the good news is that I took the computer with me down Costa and managed to write a Treason Show sketch. Yes, just the one, but that's one more than I wrote last month.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Phill Barron said...

And one more than I've written in about three months.

Well done.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Well, we'll see if they use it. The phrase to describe most of my recent Treason output is 'mediocrely done'.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Piers said...

My Treason Show output is, these days, rare.

And sometimes blue.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home