Sunday, May 24, 2009

Seven Songs I'm Into Right Now

Thanks to a tag from Piers, I have to tell you about seven songs I'm into right now. I warn you, this list is rather dull. I am most certainly very old now, and in no way Down With the Kids.

Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult - I unlocked this on Rock Band a couple of weeks ago and remembered how much I liked it.
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division - No, I'm not depressed or suicidal or anything, I just like depressing music.
Waly Waly - traditional English folk song - Why? Why not?
Hear My Prayer - Mendelssohn - The link goes to a recording from 1928, by arguably the finest boy soprano of the 20th century.
Sound the Trumpet - Purcell - We used this at my wedding. I defy you not to tap your foot.
Suo Gan - traditional Welsh lullaby - Call me an old sap, but I often tear up when I hear this one.
Spem in Alium - Tallis - Quite simply the most mind-blowing piece of music I've ever heard. Listen to it with headphones if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home