Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Have a Career?

Micheal Jacob has published a blog entry about creating the shortlist for this year's College of Comedy. I'm not on it, which doesn't come as any particular surprise, but what does come as a surprise is that he says

"...nearly everyone who applied has a career already..."

Really? I met the eligibility criteria for applying, but I've never thought of my modest collection of credits as a career. It does roughly describe a trajectory from very modest to less modest, but it's certainly nothing remotely approaching a living. Career in utero perhaps.

Yes, I like that. I have a career in utero.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phill Barron said...

Yay! A career in utero!

That's not sarcasm by the way, I just felt like being supportive.

I don't think I'm very goo at it.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Phill Barron said...

And that should read "GOOD at it" not "GOO at it"

Damn sticky 'd's

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home