Sunday, June 28, 2009

Screw It, I'm on Holiday

Greetings from Staffordshire, where I've been spending a lovely weekend communing with nature. Tomorrow we move on to Cornwall, where I'm told the nature at the place we're staying includes a llama.

The weekly sketch deadline for Newsjack is tomorrow, but have I written anything? Nope. Will I write anything? Only if I feel motivated.

Life's been pretty hectic recently, for reasons not to do with writing. It's been busy at my day job, there have been builders in and out of the house, we have a new puppy, and we've had a series of expensive camper van-related mishaps (first van written off, second van turned out to be a rust bucket with a dodgy past, third van came home last week and damn well better be lucky). I've not had a lot of spare energy, and my submissions for the first two weeks of Newsjack were pretty sparse. I was reasonably pleased with them quality-wise, but there should have been more of them. If any of them had got in I wouldn't be so worried about the volume, but they didn't.

At this point, I think the best solution to the problem is to be properly on holiday, forget about everything for a week, and pet the llama.

Nice llama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home