Thursday, December 31, 2009

On Year-End Retrospectives and Lack of Motivation

So, it's that time of year again. Time to look back, and, well..

I'm dubbing 2009 The Year of Stressful Externalities.

I bought my first home. Exciting, but stressful as hell.

I spent most of the summer and autumn arguing with the landlord of the place we'd been renting. Also stressful as hell, and not even one tiny bit exciting.

I bought four camper vans. I'll post about this in detail later as I think I finally have enough perspective to see the whole saga as funny rather than tragic. Excitement: yes. Stress: yes x4.

I spent a lot of time worrying about money. Excitement: no. Stress: yes.

There's reason to think all of these external factors will sort themselves out in 2010. Indeed, some of them already have. But in 2009, their combined force produced a big fat writing fail.

It wasn't all fail. I submitted sketches to open-door radio shows and got something into one of them, which was extremely gratifying. But in terms of progressing my spec scripts, networking, and even updating this blog, I can only borrow a phrase from gaming: epic fail.

2010 will be better. Or I'll kick its teeth out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can you kick my 2010's teeth out too if it doesn't behave?! Happy New Year!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Piers said...

[tumbleweed]

11:15 AM  
Blogger Piers said...

Was it?

Was it better?

Was it?

4:37 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

2010 was an absolute bloody disaster.

2011 is a distinct improvement so far.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home